Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ghazal Analysis

Ghazal 1

Ramkrishna Das

At least, for the sake of hurting I beg you to come to me
Long before the saddest parting I beg you to come to me

I am not demanding you to bestow me treasure of love
Once for the sake of acting I beg you to come to me —

If you think your love for me can be expressed by hiding it
Long before you hid that feeling I beg you to come to me

It is my sinister luck that I don't make a proper match
For you are extremely charming I beg you to come to me

With your all lame excuses don't make Archi's life a hell
One day, for never returning I beg you to come to me
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis:
Title- Ghazel 1
I don't think I can get much information from this other than the fact that I know the poem is a Ghazel.
Paraphrase-
This ghazel is about the pain of love and yearning for a loved one.
Connotation-
?
Attitude-
The tone is strong desire or yearning.
Shifts-
The tone remains the same and syllables in each line are always 9-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment